May 2018 Preservation Month Photo Contest
Join us in celebrating National Preservation Month by participating in our photo contest! This year's theme is "This Place Matters".
The grand prize will be 2 tickets for the Santa Clara Historic Home Tour held in December 2018.
Simply find a location in the Old Quad area that has meaning for you. Submit a photo with a short description of why this place matters and worth preserving!
The contest period is from May 14th, 2018 to May 31st, 2018. The Board of Directors will determine a winner based on a combination of aesthetics and meaning of the photo at the June 2018 Board Meeting. We will announce the winner on the following newsletter and contact the winner directly.
Send us the following via email at email@example.com between May 14th, 2018 to May 31st, 2018:
1) Your Full Name
2) Email Address
3) Phone Number
5) Describe the significance of this place
6) Attach the photo!
Contest Rules and Conditions:
1) Subject matter must be located within the Old Quad area of Santa Clara, CA as defined on our website
2) By participating in the contest, the participant authorizes the usage of this image on the OQRA website and related social media pages. We will post the photo, the participants name, and the description.
3) The photo must be taken by the participant. No commercially produced photos please!
4) Members of the Board of Directors (judges) and event coordinator are not eligible to participate for prizes.
[Example] City Plaza Park Gazebo
The City Plaza Park Gazebo matter because it is the first park in the City of Santa Clara. It is an amazing gathering place!
- Photo by OQRA
[Example] Park Bench
This bench at City Plaza Park matters because it provides a great place for me to rest and observe my surroundings after a long run.
- Photo by OQRA